Monday, February 22, 2010

NYTimes and NYU collaboration

Today it was finally announced: The NYU j-school will be partnering with NYTimes.com to produce a hyperlocal news site covering the East Village. For now, it's been dubbed EV Local, and it will be hosted on NYTimes.com.

I'm excited to work on this project. I've heard great things about Rich Jones, who is the NYTimes editor who will oversee the project. I'm also eager to be working in a "newsroom" environment again. The project will be structured as two classes that will operate as newsrooms — and working in newsrooms is what I truly love. (I've been working in some kind of "newsroom" since I was 10, but I've been reporting to legitimate, daily-newspaper newsrooms since I was 16.) It's like home to me.

The Studio 20 program is planning the beginning stages and launch of the project, while Reporting New York, primarily, (along with a few other stragglers) will be contributing content and running the site in the fall.

I'll make sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment